Thursday, July 17, 2008

Worry vs Prayer


Above is a picture of my momma talking to Amaya'. I love how Amaya' is looking at her, it's like they have a special bond. If you look close enough Amaya' is smiling at her. This is the first time we have a smile on camera!



As of last night she is weighing 2 pounds 7 ounces!! Keep up the good work baby girl! We got to see her last night for about 1/2 an hour before we went to our discharge class. While we were in class she spent time with her granddaddy and uncle dantrell. The discharge class was suprisingly interesting we learned alot of useful information from CPR to milk storage and car seat safety. After the class the nursery was closed for shift change but i was okay with that b/c i knew i'd see her tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. She looks so good everytime we see her. She is really aware and alert. I don't like that she's peeling but i guess every baby does that.
They had stopped her feedings due to her being constipated and the nurse said that Amaya' made sure that everyone knew she wasn't happy with that decision lol. Guess taking candy from a baby isn't easy. Well since they gave her the glycerin and she had good stools i wanted to make sure she wasn't without food to long. So this morning when i called they still weren't feeding her but when i called back this afternoon she was eating again and it was FROM A BOTTLE!!! It was 5cc's but i'm sure they'll take it back up quickly b/c Amaya' will let them know she's not having that lol. I pray she continues taking the bottle! That is one of the things she has to do to come home.



Today a lady on one of my message boards emailed me and let me know that she appreciated a response i posted to her post. I had told her that I went through the same thing with pre-eclampsia as well as the story about Amaya' coming early. She said that my response reminded her to keep the faith in God. Knowing that my response and story could help someone potentially going through the same thing means alot to me. Rudolph and I have definately been through alot this last year and i know that it was only by the grace of God that we're so blessed now. Amaya' is definately the light at the end of the tunnel! I love my baby girl and thank God for her and all that he has done.

1 comment:

nbjenni said...

What a beautiful little girl!