Friday, July 11, 2008

PhotobucketThe picture shows her in the clothes she got from a church who makes little clothes for the premies. I think it is so cute!!!



07/04- Amaya' moved from the NICU to the Continuing Care Nursery which is a good thing :-) Amaya's stomach was swollen due to her having problems passing her first stool. Until she passes the stool they will hold off on feeding her which would cause more irritation. That night they gave her a suppository and she had a small smear of stool which was good b/c atleast they know she can go and nothing is wrong with her bowels, which confirms what the X-ray showed.

07/05 Last night she passed a huge stool!! yay i'm so proud of my pooper lol. She knocked her arm IV our so her arm was a little swollen. They moved her IV to her foot area. Her stomach is still a little extended but it's going down. I visited her this afternoon and when we got ready to leave i had an emotional release. I want to take her home and just love all on her. i dont like seeing her in pain and I am amazed I love someone so much that i just met. I prayed with her and know she is in God's hands. Later that night I was able to take a couple of drops of colostrum the nurses stated they would mix it with formula and was glad i brought it. At 8:30pm I was able to hold her for the first time!!! I held her for 30 minutes! Rudy also held her. It was so cute when we were holding her because she was working on her sucking reflex and her eyes were wide open. I can tell she is feeling better and she looks better also. I'm glad b/c i didn't like seeing my baby in pain.

07/06/08- This morning the nurse informed me that Amaya' was going to have a follow up X-Ray. The results came back good that there was nothing more wrong with her stomach. They are going to begin feeding her this afternoon. Rudy and I went back to the nursery to watch the first feeding which is going to begin at 2cc's. She is being fed through a feeding tube but the nurse put some on her pacifer and you could see her eyes light up and hear her sucking lol she liked it. The next milestone in addition to increasing food intake is to weight over 1000 g. Currently she is 880g and she was 940 when born. Hopefully now that they are feeding her she will gain weight. 1000g is equal to about 2 pounds 4 oz.

07/07- Well i'm at the hospital alone b/c Rudy had to go home last night for work this week. I was sad at first and cried alot but my mom and dad had me to look at the positive side that I will be able to stay with Amaya' for 2 more days. Today i went to the nursery by myself and stayed for about 3 hours afterwards i understood why God did what he did. By me having to stay 2 extra days due to my spike in temp I was able to bond with Amaya' and get to know her nurses which made it a little more easier for me to leave on Tuesday.

07/08- This morning I was informed that Amaya's feedings were increased from 2cc's to 6cc's so that is a good thing and might ease her fussiness she had yesterday. The nurse even tried to feed her with a bottle since she has been sucking a lot. She said it didn't quite work but she was happy with the taste of milk in her mouth lol. I hsve to leave today but i feel more comfortable b/c i know she is in God's hands and i think he specially picked her nurses whom i love.

07/09 today when Rudy called they told him that they increased her feedings from 6 to 9cc's we're so proud of our little girl!! Before you know it she'll be up to 1 ounce before you know it. (who would've ever thought my little baby would have me relearning math, pounds, ounces, cc's, etc lol) last night when they weighed her she was 1lb 15.9ounces and tonight she was 2lbs .8ounces. She is growing so good. Maybe she is ready to be home with us as much as we are ready for her to be home!!


07/10- My baby is one week old, wow time has really flown. I woke up to a voicemail from the dr of course i was in a panic and immediately called back. They did a lumbar puncture yesterday and started her on some antibiotics due to a sore on her head that had puss in it. They are thinking that it came from the internal monitor they put on her head. I'm praying that's all it is and that the meds will work and it'll go away soon. I so want to go to Birmingham and love on my baby.



07/11- Last night i called and she weighed 2lbs 1 oz which is good. This means she is back at her birth weight and can start going up from here! Her feedings were also increased from 9 cc's to 11 cc's. Every time i hear that she is eating more i get so excited and just thank God. He is truly with her and working a miracle before our eyes! She is tolerating her medicines well. Her heart rate has only dropped once, which they say is normal for preemies. The good thing is she was able to bring it back up on her own!

No comments: